K55

RaSCSI Development Thread

Just now, inertialcomputing said:

Agreed, with all of the above...however, I'd like to add that this is, in theory, also a problem that can be solved with SCSI2SD. It's a matter of firmware development (aka time and knowledge). SCSI2SD V6 (also open source firmware) has hardware support for USB devices, but has never had the implementation on the firmware side developed to enable use of it.

That is great news. If the SCSI2SD can function as a USB host, host a USB ethernet adapter, and emulate a SCSI ethernet adapter, that would be very cool. The holy grail would be providing storage and ethernet at the same time. All of this sounds like a lot of work for a microcontroller. I'm keen to discuss more, but this probably needs to broken out into another thread (e.g. Network Connectivity via SCSI2SD v6).

Are there any projects that would allow the Raspberry Pi to host a SCIS drive or device?  My ultimate wish is to get Basillix II or SheepShaver to see a connecte hardware SCSI device.

1 hour ago, nsputnik said:

Are there any projects that would allow the Raspberry Pi to host a SCIS drive or device?  My ultimate wish is to get Basillix II or SheepShaver to see a connecte hardware SCSI device.

That'd be called a SCSI card ;) You can give Basilisk a file device, or you can give it direct access to a block device, so all you'd need is a real SCSI card plugged in to the SCSI device of your choice.

5 hours ago, nsputnik said:

To my knowledge: no.

To do what @johnklos said, you'd need to be running Basilisk II or another emulator that can do this on a machine with a PCI slot available, such as an x86 based PC with PCI or PCI-X slots. (PCI-X slots work with just-PCI devices.)

RaSCSI might be adaptable to this purpose, but you'd likely have to do the dev work or make a feature request with the project to make it happen.

I don't know what load RaSCSI places on the Pi, but my understanding is that doing this exceeds the compute power the Pi has. Reversing the emulation and adding an entire Mac emulation to it might be too much.

I don't know how the Pi4 will change that, however.

How it going with this project?

I just ordered pcbs got 12 from dirty pcb. Waiting for my paycheck and will then order the components. 

Hi, i just made it work on my Amiga 2000 with gvp 040 combo. Which has a scsi Controller.

I found the baremetal software for rasci.

Make the rasp zero boot within a second.

Unfortunaly the gpio pins in k55:s design does not follow the Original RASCI. soo i cheated and made a adapter board between rascsi and rasp zero and moved the gpio pins to the right place.

This design can work. In linux if you recompile the source with the pin config design is using. 

It should have follow this pinconfig (see picture)

I Think i will ask author gimons for a baremetal version for this board. If he can help i let you all know

Cheers!

pinassign.png

cable3.png