K55

RaSCSI Development Thread

Nah the packages here are pretty big. Tack down each corner and drag solder them and its really easy. Shouldn't even need a hot air gun really.

I'm not going to expect the at home user to be able to hand solder 0805 resistors ;)

Generally I like to try and keep costs down when I do a board and when the smd component is 1/3 the price of the thd when you order overseas it makes a big difference.

I just came across RaSCSI, but there doesn't seem to be much developer info on it.

I'm not actually a 68k Mac user, but I've got a couple of E-Mu samplers that are 68k based, and RaSCSI looks like it might be of use.   I already use a scsi2sd but what I'd really like to get working is something like SCSI to RaSCSI -> iSCSI on my Synology NAS.   Has anyone heard of any attempts to make RaSCSI talk iSCSI over IP ?

So I just received the PCBs (I ordered a batch of five). Now I am after the parts: I can get the transceivers at RS, but they do not have the resistor networks. Other suppliers charge enormous s&h fees... Can I replace the resistor networks with just 10 ordinary resistors each?

IMG_2111.JPG

On 11/5/2018 at 12:11 AM, 360alaska said:

Here:Quantum_Detail.jpg.ff9c33480c317f4d3926262d23d505da.jpg

I need to do them for SCSI2SD (SIP-10 bussed resistors cost a lot here in Italy) but I need 100 ohm for recreating the 4610X-101-101LF, I need only to put 100 omh resistors in each pin? (except the first, obviously)

Hi, I finally got together all components and am almost ready for assembly. Just for the heck I decided to check the the raspberry pin connectors and I'm not sure I understand them. While D0-D7, DP, CD and ACT are where I expect them to be the rest of the pins are not. Looking at the original japanese schematic, pin 13, corresponding to GPIO 27, should be for SEL, but on your board it is connected to ATN; equally for MSG (@ GPIO22, but should be REQ), SEL (@GPIO19, which should be ATN), IO (@GPIO26, BSY), RST (@GPIO21, should be ACK), ACK (@GPIO20, should be RST), BSY (@GPIO25, should be IO), REQ (@GPIO23, should be MSG).

I'm a newbie at this stuff so maybe I am mixing things up, can you please help me understand if these connections are correct?

Yeah you're right, they're swapped. From the looks of it I reordered the output pins at some point and that changed the order of the input pins also.... (e.g. the wire change updated the whole net vs just the one wire). :O:O

I also checked the DB25 SCSI pins and they are correct. So the only consequence is that I can not use a standard 40 pin ribbon cable to connect the rascsi to the raspi, but have to set the pins one by one with a bunch of duponts, right?

Or I could cut the "wrong" traces and connect with some wire to get back the standard raspi layout?

Edited by CRP

Cut and patch the two traces, that's olde school. t would be easy enough to open up one of the IDC connectors and swap the two lines on the ribbon cable. But you'd run the risk of using the wrong (unmodified) cable somewhere down the line, so hot glue the modified end of cable to the lineswapped PCB if you go that route.

You've passed the protoboard litmus test with flying colors. One layout patch minimum required to qualify as a development board. :approve:

For anyone wondering I haven't really had the time to work on the board. Work is eating up a lot of my free time but I'll make an effort this week to try and get it done. :)