Sign in to follow this  
Schafeman

IIci Odd HDD Issues

So..  I've been building up the 'ultimate' IIci, and i'm almost there.  My selection of SCSI HDD's is limited these days, and all I have left is larger drives (9gb or more) besides the 500mb Apple drive I currently have in the system (which is very noisy and slow).  I have a 9gb drive in an external case i've been trying to get working with it, and I can go as far as partition it into 3 drives (and initialize them) and have it work great UNTIL I reboot the computer.  They never re-mount, and when I go into Drive Setup, it gives me the whole 'you don't have a 68040 or PowerPC and can't use volumes larger than 4GB'.  Now, if I re-partition and initialize again, it will work great again until next time.  Any ideas?   I've tried partition sizes as small as 1.8GB but I still have the same issue.

I was going to recommend 2GB partitions, but nevermind, you already tried that.

How about partitioning to a single 2GB partition, leaving the rest unallocated?

Unfortunately that did not work either.  Very odd, but it must be its detecting the total size of the drive and refusing to use it, even though its in smaller chunks.  Oh well, SCSI2SD time.

I was originally using Apple Drive Setup to prep the drive, and it always said it worked fine, but then would act strange after a reboot.