mactjaap

Dayna Mini Etherprint

Bought yet another one! Nice for playing around with LocalTalk. I was unsure about its voltage? Is it 5V, 12V. Not sure anymore. Anyone knows this? 

And anyone with a manual of this device (PDF) ? I couldn't find it online.

This is the device:

post-894-0-77581500-1491844569_thumb.jpg

post-894-0-55021600-1491844577_thumb.jpg

Will they ship to the U.S.A.? If so, Im gonna buy one! (Or 2, says they have 2 in stock)

Edited by Themk

I sent an email to them asking about shipping to here, hoping to hear back soon. Heard back, they will ship to U.S.A. for US$36... Got to think about this now

Edited by Themk

... which works out to be $28 per adaptor SHIPPED. Hmm, I guess not so bad?!

I think I am going to go for it.

Edited by Themk

Thanks mactjaap for showing these to me! I ordered two, they are on the way from Switzerland now :D.

Edited by Themk

I got my adaptors today, very nice! Looks like they wern't made too far away from where I am, as the company that originally made them was based in SLC, Utah. I had two different ROM revisions, and revamp-it shipped me two 5V 1A power adaptors with my order! Nice! The PSUs are also the ones that you need to connect to American power receptacles and line voltages; perhaps they didn't send you one mactjaap because they knew it would be incompatible with your AC mains.

The Pics:

post-7749-0-49606600-1493327218_thumb.jpg

Here you can see my two different ROM revisions:

post-7749-0-03289300-1493327238_thumb.jpg

I also cracked these open to take pictures of the PCB (This PCB is the ROM revision 3.1.1 PCB, but the PCBs are identical except for the socketed ROM chip in the upper corner):

post-7749-0-18096300-1493327256_thumb.jpg

post-7749-0-00403800-1493327267_thumb.jpg

I am going to have to try out your VM now mactjapp! But first lets get these physically connected to the SE/30 :)

P.S. These adaptors are going to be Retr0brighted

Edited by Themk

Really? Great!

I've read, I'll need this software...

I've also read, that this Mini EtherPrint should be connected to an old 10base-T Hub and this Hub I should connect to my modern Gigibit Router. Hmm...

It depends on your router, my 10/100/1000 router negotiated a 10Mbps link just fine for my mini etherprint, and it runs just fine on a switch with all other 1000Mbps equipment.