Photo

Unitron A2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 unity

unity
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

Any thoughts on this one? I did a quick Google Image search and I cant find another with the same logo. That logo seems a newer style maybe? I looked at both Taiwan and Brazil versions. But I am not exactly an Apple II guy so wonder if someone would know a little more?

http://www.ebay.com/...E-/162360965309

• Drexel Macintosh • IIcx prototypes (4) • Don Crabb's Outbound 125 • Macintosh II/x/fx • Macintosh SE/30 • Macintosh SE • Macintosh Classic II Proto • Macintosh 512k • Macintosh 128k

#2 ScutBoy

ScutBoy
  • LocationNorthfield, MN

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

This was about 10 miles from where I live. I bid on it, but one of those situations where I put out a conservative number, not knowing how high the bidding might go. Of course, I would have paid the extra $5.50 had I known :(

#3 unity

unity
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

It arrived today. Certainly very blue inside, most of the cards are blue too. Pretty cool looking. Beyond that, I dunno! :)  I will have to spend some time on it.

• Drexel Macintosh • IIcx prototypes (4) • Don Crabb's Outbound 125 • Macintosh II/x/fx • Macintosh SE/30 • Macintosh SE • Macintosh Classic II Proto • Macintosh 512k • Macintosh 128k

#4 ScutBoy

ScutBoy
  • LocationNorthfield, MN

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:55 AM

Unity,

Had I known you were bidding, I would have held off. Hard not to try though, it being so close to me.

Glad it found a home "in the family" as it were :)

#5 unity

unity
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

Ditto! Its not something I was specifically looking for. I tossed a number, figured I would get outbid. I was not. If you had, I would not have minded as Apple IIs are not my thing really. It was just unique and thats what I like to collect.

I have it on the bench to test it a little tomorrow. Not sure which clone of Apple II it is, II, IIe, II Plus. I thought IIe at first. Case design is also based on the original with V cuts in the back. The machine overall is really clean, I dont think it was used much and then stored with great care. The serial is about 5,000 (edit: this serial is on the power supply, so it may not be the machine serial which seems to be missing). The board has no serial like the one in the ad here, also has all the ROM sockets in use.

http://www.applelogi...nitronAndI.html

Will update with more info when I have time.

Edited by unity, 28 January 2017 - 04:11 AM.

#6 snuci

snuci
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:07 AM

Nice acquisition. Please do update.  Most of these clones don't have much information on the web.  I have a few Apple II clones myself and I do find them interesting.  They come in all shapes and sizes.  Some that look close and some that don't.  I would love to find a Unitron Mac clone.

#7 unity

unity
  • LocationGreen Bay, WI

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:21 AM

Posted pics on my conquest thread, page 17:

https://68kmla.org/f...-latest/page-17

I have not fired it up yet. Still need to check over connections, power supply, etc.

#8 Gorgonops

Gorgonops

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

The blue motherboard is genuinely lovely, I'll say that.

Considering what you paid for it I'm sort of jealous. I already have a IIplus clone (Syscom II) that's one of my favorite vintage machines, but one flaw is it's had its motherboard replaced with a genuine Apple one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users