Sign in to follow this  
Johnnya101

Getting gifs onto an Apple IIGS

I see the script, but like how do I run it? It says from command prompt, but how would it run...? I've just installed Python and PIL.

I have resized the gif and everything.

Also, how would I download these? I'm not familiar with Git, and usually there's a download button of some sort.

Thank you so much for your help,

John

GitHub lets you download the whole repository as a Zip file, instead of having to clone. On the top-right of the page, the option should be there.

The easiest way you'd do it is to put the GIFs in the same directory as the script, and change the working directory with the cd command to the directory. Run the command like so, but prefixed with Python, as you may be missing the executable bits or running Windows:

'USAGE: hgrdither.py [outputfilename] [inputgif] [brightness (float of order 1.0)] [videosize (normal,small,tiny)]'

I'd imagine it'd look something like "python hgranimate.py whatever whatever.gif 0.5 normal" - adjust as needed?

Edited by IPalindromeI

Everything is together. All it says is that it's missing something like _image C which is a PIL error. I don't see how it could have been installed wrong. I've tried it on two computers.

YES!

I contacted Nathan from his website, he responded and told me to try a few things. I did them and got it working!!!

Ill post the guide here soon! Im testing out the best settings right now on my emulator.