I’ve bought the “#2 Asante MacCon-IIET Ethernet Network Card Mac Macintosh II 09-00100 NuBus” from eBay, without knowing if works  :-/

I have no experience with this card but maybe some one here do?

Really appreciated!

BW,

Kristian

"Asante EtherTalk Installer 5.6.1" is what you're looking for regarding software. That plus the card itself should get you up and running. Into what system (machine/OS) are you installing the card?

I have one of them (Asante MCiNB Rev. A P/N: 09-00061-03 A3) and the only mayor issue i've found is that the card can't negotiate with modern 10/100 or Gigabit switch or routers.

The only way to work properly is to connect to a 10base-t only switch, and connect the switch to the modern ethernet equipment.

Anything else works fine, with Asante EtherTalk Installer 5.6.1 drivers on a IIfx with 7.5.5

"Asante EtherTalk Installer 5.6.1" is what you're looking for regarding software. That plus the card itself should get you up and running. Into what system (machine/OS) are you installing the card?

I can’t find the Asante EtherTalk Installer 5.6.1 anywhere? The only thing I found was a broken hqx-file at The Mac Driver Museum. I contacted Asante, who has yet to reply.