olePigeon

Super rare Macintosh II Daystar PDS adapter

How cheap is cheap? :)

I actually have a Mac II, and I *might* actually have a use for this (dunno what it'd be (what's it for?), but I'd figure something out), if it's cheap enough for me to afford.

c

I can see there is some price history floating around on the internet/eBay, and it seems to be worth anywhere from $25 to $40.  I'd let it go for like $10-15 I guess, or maybe less if that's not reasonable.  I don't have a use for this anymore, someone else may as well enjoy it.

Hmm, OK. I can probably afford that in a week or so.

I guess I'll take it, if nobody else has!

c

A Mac II and IIcx adapter recently sold on ebay cheap. I have one of both. I think a working Mac II is probably as hard to find as the Daystar adapter.

On 10/3/2016 at 2:54 AM, Bunsen said:

I don't think they're compatible.

No, I think the system just ignores the off-chip FPU.

A very late reply... But the 68882 can be used, but not like a typical "FPU" with the 'LC040. It has to be run in "Peripheral" mode as an external device. So, it would be very slow. This was done on purpose by Moto' to prevent people from using the 68882 with the 'LC040 like it was used with the '030, as a cheaper option than a full '040. There was one originally planned for the 540c card cage by Sonnet, but they dropped it before it went to production because they realized 1) Not much demand 2) The performance was truly awful.

Edited by Paralel