Elfen

How many VRAM SIMMs does the LC 475 need?

Simple question.

The LC 475 has 2 VRAM SIMM Sockets, so does it need both to be filled for its video to work or can it work with just one? All the other LCs only need one as they have one SIMM but the LC 475 has two.

yes, both of them need to be filled with the same kind/size of memory. If you get the memory wrong, it will display random stuff (or nothing)

Thanks Ferrix97!

I'm back to Square One on this LC 475 - it chimes happily but no video and no attempt to boot the hd or floppy. It just sits there in the dark since I recapped it. Before the recap - it was dead.

After it chimes, try switching the power off and on quickly, or try using the keyboard reset. Sometimes when the battery is completely dead, the PRAM contents (or lack thereof) prevent the display of video and booting. If that works, then you need a new battery.

Does it have a battery? Won't boot otherwise -- the workaround is to turn on, then off and on again rapidly.

After it chimes, try switching the power off and on quickly, or try using the keyboard reset. Sometimes when the battery is completely dead, the PRAM contents (or lack thereof) prevent the display of video and booting. If that works, then you need a new battery.

Nope - it has a battery. This thing is dead dead dead... No hard drive access or floppy drives access either. I need to look if there are any dead traces on the board or send it to TechKnight or Uniserver for them to look at it.