Sign in to follow this  
mac512

Floppy Emu in LC III

Maybe this is no news for you guys, but for me it was. Today I connected my Floppy Emu to the internal floppy port in my LC III and it worked perfectly.

It mounted 400Kb, 800Kb and 1440Kb images without problems.

However, it didn't recognized the HD20 emulation... but I guess it is because there may be no support for it in the LC III's ROM.

Anyways, it was a great way to load software to my LC III's hard disk.

Great news. :) Yeah, the LC III was the machine I bought the Floppy Emu for. Now I have two, one permanently plugged into the LC III and another one that does its duty with all my other machines. BMOW's product is simply amazing. Now if we could just figure out a way to emulate an external SCSI HDD and make it as seamless as using the Floppy Emu...

There isn't a real need to emulate an external SCSI drive. Just take a SCSI2SD and put it in an enclosure. I'm sure that's pretty much the same thing. :p

But I suppose you could chop off the jack off a old printer cable and create a simple adapter for it if you want the drive to hang off the back like the FloppyEmu can. :p

If SCSI2SD can run off termination power that is. Otherwise you would still need an external power supply of some kind. That's the thing most enclosures take care of. :p

Edited by Apache Thunder

Subsequent to my musings here, I contacted Mike McMaster and he confirmed that the SCSI2SD will run off straight off the SCSI interface, so there's no need to mess around with USB cables or some weird molex to DC adapter. I actually think I'll be doing this at some stage very soon...

Edited by LazarusNine

yeah like i said in the other thread, the revision that includes a male db 25 where you can just pop it on and rock and roll is the product i'm really waiting for.  Bus powered...  oh yeah... that is the cats meow right there...