Sign in to follow this  
mac512

CFFA3000 can't mount more than 2 images

Hi guys,

this one is for the people that has a CFFA3000 running in a IIgs ROM 01. I just can't mount more than 2 32MB images at once. I recall mounting more than 4 images at once but I think that it was with a ROM 03 motherboard that died and replaced by a ROM 01.

Any ideas to what might be the problem?

Thanks.

I don't think there's any kind of ROM restriction on how many drives the CFFA3000 can host on a GS at once.  The version of ProDOS (or GSOS) can make a difference, though.  What OS are you booting and expecting to see the drives in?

It boots System 6.0.1. I even tried a fresh install of the OS, but no difference. I'm starting to think that maybe my IIgs has some hardware issue...

Any of you with a similar setup can mount more than 2 images?

It boots System 6.0.1. I even tried a fresh install of the OS, but no difference. I'm starting to think that maybe my IIgs has some hardware issue...

Any of you with a similar setup can mount more than 2 images?

I can mount more than two images on my Rom 01.  My CFFA 3000 is in slot 7, and additional mounts show up as slot 2 and slot 4.  If your CFFA 3000 is not in slot 7, there are restrictions on the number of images it can mount, due to how Prodos handles smartport devices.

GS/OS doesn't have any drive restrictions like ProDOS 8 normally has (no slot/drive limits). Anything on the list of mounted Smartport devices should show up on the Finder desktop. Heck, I have both a RamFAST SCSI with two partitions on top of anything I have mounted on the CFFA3000.