Sign in to follow this  
louiscox

Divide by zero error

Does anyone have any idea why my Classic might throw a "Divide by zero" error?, when I try and connect to an iMac G3.Its the classic Mac bomb screen and even if you try and restart it gives the same error.

Both machines are connected to a switch, and the Classic has a Dayna SCSI/Ethernet box.

The iMac G3 has the Networking CP set to Ethernet and the Classic has the same thing set to Alt Ethernet from a  choice of three, the other two do nothing apparently.

Both machines have sharing set to on.

Louis

More details?

Is the Classic accessing the iMac through the chooser and the iMac using OSX an file sharing? what OSes?

Update the drivers on the Classic and its SCSI/Ethernet converter, and turn off Sharing the on the Classic.

Oh great the Classic divided by zero!!! Now the world is going to implode... what were you thinking computer?!?!?!? NEVER DIVIDE BY ZERO!!!! :O

Lol sorry that was totally unhelpful but I couldn't help myself... Divide by zero errors have always amused me greatly. lol

Carry on...

More details?

Is the Classic accessing the iMac through the chooser and the iMac using OSX an file sharing? what OSes?

Update the drivers on the Classic and its SCSI/Ethernet converter, and turn off Sharing the on the Classic.

Yes, Im using chooser - both machines. I think the Classic is using 7.6.1 from memory and the Classic is using 9.2 maybe, but definitely pre OS X.

The drivers on the Classic are as up to date as possible.

Really - turn off sharing on the Classic? 

I'd put it down to an incompatible SCSI/ethernet driver, or your OS - try downgrading to System 7.1 for starters.

SCSI to Ethernet was always odd. It most likely has something to do with that interacting with the equipment you have. It might even be idiosyncratic. Its impossible to tell.

Talk about divide by zero.... Ask your iphone siri what is 0 divided by 0..... Siri gives you a funny answer.... lol