Lounge
 LOTR Trilogy
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  08:23:14
Just to brag a little,

Yes, as the title says, I will be attending the Lord of the Rings Trilogy today. It starts at noon:15, and I will be leaving shortly. All three movies in one day! If anyone wants details of ROTK, I might share them later, but no spoilers.

~The Penguin

**| Want free 68kmla email? Drop me a line |**
| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
| "The choice has been made, but now you must understand it" |

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 16 Dec 2003 :  08:41:49
Enjoy! I'm looking forward to the eventual DVD release of extended versions of the entire trilogy so I can sit down and watch everything. But knowing the studios, I will have to wait through a series of DVD releases of "gold edition," "extended edition," "super director's cut edition," "super duper gold director's cut HDTV edition with collectible book ends," etc. Each edition will claim to be the ultimate version until the next edition comes out and yanks another $x9.95 out of your wallet.

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  00:36:33
Well worth it, even if my legs are now crampped from sitting, and deliruos from sleep+caffiene and such.

All three at once, truely the best way. I got a special lil film memento, so that was cool too!

~The very very tired Penguin

| "The choice has been made, but now you must understand it" |Go to Top of Page

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  17:52:11
I just got back from Return of the King. It was incredible. You all should try and see it...

Wow.

--------------------
Christophillis- Portable Squadren Commander
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  21:24:50
it was good, but my god, 3 1/2 hours? lol, i was about to die.... the ending was way drug out tho... oh well, it was really good tho...

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  05:21:36
Oh shh, I was in the theater for 14 hours

The ending was actually kind of rushed, in one way. They were trying to cover what had been written, which is quite sporadic in the appendices, and I think they pulled out what was best from the end to give the viewer a better sense of what is going on.
I don't want to give away any details, but if they had just left after some certain scene or two and ended it there, there would be MANY people asking what happened to [insert name here].

~The Penguin

| "The choice has been made, but now you must understand it" |Go to Top of Page

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  06:23:03
Well, they did forget about some characters, they didn't ever truly get explained... but yeah, we know, but we don't see... Can you figure out who I'm talking about...

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  13:38:40
***Warning! Bit of a Spoiler Ahead!***

One thing that bothered me was that they left out the burning of the Shire. I heard that the director guy (sorry I forgot his name) didn't like that part so he just plain didn't film it! So I found it entertaining that Frodo and Sam go back 13 months later and the Shire is just how they left it.

--------------------
Christophillis- Portable Squadren Commander
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.

Edited by - Christophillis on 18 Dec 2003 13:46:47Go to Top of Page

bigsadhu

Cayman Island
462 Posts
Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  16:02:13
quote:

... I heard that the director guy (sorry I forgot his name) ...

That'd be Peter Jackson, a good salt-of-the-earth Kiwi lad if ever there was one.

In case anyone's interested, his earlier films are also worth watching, although all are filmed on FAR smaller budgets. His first effort, Bad Taste is truly a low budget splatter-movie classic. I think it still holds some record for the most litres of sheep's blood ever flung around a movie set or something similar. Also notable are Brain Dead (another horror/splatter flick) and Meet the Feebles (think the Muppet Show on acid). There were a couple of later ones too (forget the names)... one of which starred Michael J Fox, but I felt these were starting to show a bit too much Hollywood-style polish to be as entertaining as the older ones.

Cheers!
CC

Air Marshall, 605 sQUADRAn

"What Microsoft has got in there is a grotesque, badly-documented pile of poo it doesn't fully understand itself." - The Register, 23/8/02Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.