General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 "Repository"
Author Topic  
cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  11:04:35
Nearly One year ago, our comerade Catsdorule started (with me) a project called Macintosh Info Repository, this is all information, pertaining to all macintoshes. I'm currently building the specifications database for Apple computers, and (chronologically) I've gotten to the PowerBook 170 (as I ercall)

tBoJ, especially, is this the same repository you keep talking about? because it would appear to me as though you're trying to start an alternate repository, and it's somewhat frustrating to see that two different MLAers, have started two different "repository" type websites at one time.

If you would like to join the MIR, or merge the two repositories, I'm certain that I'd enjoy somethingl ike that, and would like to talk to (tBoJ at least)

When I have my server (Intrikit Weaver) set up, I'm going to be hosting MacInfoRepository, I'm not sure if cats' MIR is currently "up" anywhere, I'll ask him tonight.

Official 68k videographer
Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  19:29:14
Just a quick small polite mentioning that I am usually on AIM so you can ask me any of these questions when I'm on etc.

The Repository database I am working on is slightly different, since it only covers Motorola products and is geared as a commercially supportable database, ie; a company can use this free resource to aid them in planning for any legacy applications that are still running on older macs. (Suprisingly many still run legacy apps on older macs)

I'm sure at one point or another, some information may seem to colide, but being how open the net is I hope this won't be an issue. I'm currently sending out tonnes of e-mails to various webmasters to get permission for thier data to be included.

So, you can cats can feel free to keep going, mine has a different purpose behind it, being commercially driven. From what I have seen/heard yours seems like a community one. My database has a section on support available for older machines Apple dropped support for, ie; "Extended Life Support".

Anyways, I think we parties just had the same brilliant idea, and certianly, we can swap data and links at a later time when allowed. (Like if I have permission from an author to include his data, you would need to ask him before you include it in your etc., simply stuff like that.)

Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  16:56:26
Cory AFAIK I started "MIR" all by myself, with help from no one, I did ask you for help, and I am glad that you did, you are not in control of this cory! you cannot take an agressive stance on this, tBoj has all right to start his own IIRC he started his before I had a working model of mine, I am planning on passing this on to Chris though since he seems at the moment to be the best candidate to continue this.

Well... We like to call it ÜberGather2k6/7Go to Top of Page

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  19:36:24
Well, I would gladly take it over Cats. I dont mind "sharing" MIR with cory. I currently can host it. So if you will "pass the torch" then that's cool. You, cory, and I can discuss this sometime.

--------------------
Christophillis- Portable Squadren Commander
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  19:53:17
when MIR was started, was when I was working on Intrikit Weaver v3.0, the machine that hosted the first incarnation of MIR for a small time, as I recall.

I don't recall saying that MIR was ever mine, or part mine, but knowing me, I probably did.

I only started this topic, seeking some answers from tBoJ, who wasn't on AIM at that time, about his repository in comparison with the other one, whos ever it is.

I still have, and will one day actually work on the files for those specs, but if it's being transferred, I'm not sure if those'll work... *DUNNO* though...

I'll gladly help whoever has it, and I'll gladly host it if the IW ever gets going.

I thought, because you did say it several times, that you were going to "give" MIR to me, dunno though, I'm not sure why I'm not a great cantidate any more, I would love an explaination of that over AIM one day, but I'm not so sure as I'm going remember that for too long.

There's so much going on lately, including several projects from long ago, that I've been trying to finish, Intrikit Weaver, MLAgazine and others.

If anything, i said "Catsdorule started (with me) a project..." because I was basically going to be your host, a chief source of info, a moderator (admin even, on the forum).

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  21:20:05
the first, and second incarnation were on kahloz.net not on your server, the only thing that went on your server was the scout site.

Well... We like to call it ÜberGather2k6/7Go to Top of Page

cory5412
68KMLA Comrade-in-Arms

USA
4679 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  21:28:49
I was never linked, by you OR doofsmack, to what was on my server, that was v3.0 when I had basically no control over it myself, I was under the impression that you did have MIR on my server, and IIRC, you did start it in december 2002/january 2003, the timeline of existance for IW v3.0

In addition, I remember alot of discussion with you at that time, had dealings with the info repository.

Official MLA TourGuide
Editor of the MLAgazine
"I'm just a normal computer geek who somehow landed a social life"Go to Top of Page

The Balance Of Judgement

Ivory Coast
1006 Posts
Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  06:52:54
Boys will be boys. :/

Go to Top of Page

Christophillis
Forums Squadron Commander

USA
688 Posts
Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  12:40:02
Since there was a rather leangthy conversation between you two on aim last night, about this; I dont think that much more needs to be said. Especially considering, it is your decision cats to who/where the MIR goes.

--------------------
Christophillis- Portable Squadren Commander
68k Macintosh Liberation Army
Total 68k Macs Liberated: 6.02x10^23
Or just 6

Number One, you have the helm. I'll be in my ready room.Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.