Author Topic  
Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 08 Apr 2002 :  05:57:32
back with more goodies from fritter, here's the thread:
Someone should do this with a mac!!

the subject matter, if you don't want to check ou t the fritter thread, is the The Toolbox PC that was linked to via a very interesting thread on ars technica. that's a cool site, btw, i might start lurking in this PC clubhouse too!

here's my post from fritter:

quote:

That box would make an awesome new home for any 630-6500 based AV field kit! with the riser card/right angle adapter for the PCI card(s) there would probably be plenty of room for misc. field gear in the tool tray that there wasn't room to retain (as he had planned) using the ATX card cage. you wouldn't need the extra fans in the lid without an intel central heating unit, so it could still be used with impuni ty as a step stool/seat. a Quadra 630/VideoCard/Tuner/MPegDec boom-box console would be particularly sweet! (nothin'beats 68k Cachet!)

jt

p.s. i didn't feel right about making the suggestion for a cool hack to just the fritter crowd, lots of you comrades have been toying with the 68k digital hub concept. now that i think about it, that tool tray would make a great breakout box for stuff like a newt/visor dock or QuickTake storage or something like that!

anyhoo, just figured the gang would dig on this one!

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 08 Apr 2002 06:57:56

TiMacLover

USA
1282 Posts
Posted - 08 Apr 2002 :  06:46:53
Good work getting information from enemie lines I would build but I could not be that neat, nor have the money for that, but I wana say *cough* *cough* there is going to be a tight azz hack I am working on today soon to be done

Jeremy

"I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon" - Pink Floyd

Covert Ops
68k Hacks General
Macs Liberated:17
ENTER THROUGH THE GATESGo to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 08 Apr 2002 :  18:17:07
Wow, that's nice work. Very well cut, layed out, and assembled. I like it! Be on the look out for more alternative casings!! (On a related note, the LC NES is nearly done, pending my finding of that old hot glue gun. Stay tuned for pics!)

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 08 Apr 2002 :  18:36:53
I'm going to build a PresentationMac™ out of a PowerBook 500 mobo Flash is selling me: load your presentation onto it, then connect it to a projector and use the built in trackpad to do your slides!

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

candyPunk

USA
856 Posts
Posted - 09 Apr 2002 :  06:22:35
quote:

I'm going to build a PresentationMac™ out of a PowerBook 500 mobo Flash is selling me: load your presentation onto it, then connect it to a projector and use the built in trackpad to do your slides!

I like it!

{ candyPunk }
{ Captain of Observation, 68k MLA }
{ 68k Macs liberated: 3}
{ My baby: Q660av }Go to Top of Page

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 09 Apr 2002 :  18:49:15
I was thinking a small tupperware case with a hard drive and battery mounted inside, but I'll make a new thread when I start.

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
00014 Macs liberatedGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.