I am not sure what chemicals could be used topically, and I would avoid skin contact with any residue in any case. There is Lithium in the cell, and Lithium is a nasty substance.
I would maybe just wash well, lay out to dry well, reassemble & try your luck? I stand to be corrected, but I would be inclined to take a garden hose to it near a storm drain on the street in the first instance, on a gentle setting, followed by the shower or the dishwasher.
Logic boards are not hurt by water, though perhaps the quality of the water used may be an issue in some areas. The usual precautions re. static electricity do apply when washing, but they apply whether you use water, alcohol or any other chemical.